Being a Strategic Marketing Student at George Brown College, I had to undergo a co-op work placement as a part of my summer semester. Being a lucky, guy I got a co-op placement in my Home Country- India. It was a pump company called 'Jee Pumps' located in Ahmedabad, India. They are leading manufacturer of different industrial use pumps in India.
The company was planning an expansion for their business and the construction of the bigger manufacture infrastructure was underway. It was the Best time for me to join the company as intern as they were in the process of increasing their market as well. Another amazing scenario for me was that the company was in my hometown, so I had a lot of experience about the niche market. This experience made it easy for me to adapt the work environment and I started learning everything quickly.
The Owner of company was too humble and co-operative, as well as the colleagues. Co-operation from everyone made it easy to work for me. Everyone was keen to teach me something when I didn't know something. They had a great marketing strategy for the niche market, but they were lacking the social media marketing element. That is where I was able to help them increase their reach.
It was a great experience working for such organization, where I was able to apply the aspects I learned in college. I was able to generate company's reach to social media marketing. It added an experience of individual work along with the team-work in general marketing.
To sum up my co-op experience, it would not be wrong to tell that I could not ask for a better co-op than this...!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment